About This Wine...
Originally founded in 1894, Wirra Wirra made many fine wines until the death of the founder Robert Strangways Wigley in 1924. The winery fell into disuse until Greg Trott purchased the property in 1969. Since then Wirra Wirra has developed a strong following for intense, beautifully crafted red wines and expressive, fine whites, forging an enviable reputation as one of Australia’s most recognizable and leading wineries. Highly decorated, in massive demand and much loved across the globe, Wirra Wirra have been at the forefront of modern Australian winemaking for over three decades.
- Double Gold, San Francisco International Wine Competition 2009
- Regional Trophy Winner, Decanter World Wine Awards 2009
- 95 Points, James Halliday’s Australian Wine Companion 2009
- 93 Points, The Big Red Wine Book 2009
- 92 Points, Adelaide Advertiser (May 08)