About This Wine...
William Fèvre make some of the world’s favourite Chablis. The only Chablis producer to win four stars in the prestigious Bettane et Desseauve. Fèvre own 15% of the total Grand Crus in Chablis. Their policy is minimalistic intervention: let the grapes and terroirs talk. Their state of the art winery enables them to define the different character of each plot.
Chalky clay, marl and marly limestone from the Kimmeridgian era. Located on either side of the Serein River. Rich in minerals and oyster fossils, giving the mineral character typical of the wines of Chablis.
Awards and reviews
- 2011 Vintage 87.5 pts Markus del Monego and Andreas Larsson – Tasted Journal, June 2013.
- 2011 Vintage 89 pts Stephen Tanzer’s International Wine Cellar, August 2013.
- 2012 Vintage ‘Pale yellow. Oyster shell and flinty minerality dominate the nose; less fruity than the 2013 version. Very rich and ripe, in fact almost oily, but closed today, with the fruit in the deep background. Most impressive now on the long, dry, tactile finish.’ 90 pts. Stephen Tanzer’s International Wine Cellar, August 2014.
- 2012 Vintage ‘……scents of grapefruit and dried orange peel reveal commendable detail. The palate is very well-balanced and harmonious………nicely poised and as fresh as a daisy on the finish. Drink now – 2019. 89 pts Robert Parker, August 2014.
- 2012 Vintage ‘ Lean and taut, this white offers yellow plum, green apple and lanolin flavours, showing intensity and concentration, with a long finish. Drink now – 2021. 90 pts Wine Spectator, August 2014.
- 2012 Vintage ‘…………this is a beauty.’ 92 pts. Allen Meadows’ Burghound, Autumn 2013.
- 2012 Vintage ‘………..seamless, beautifully textured wine……..wraps around the palate with gorgeous depth…….a rich, deeply layered finish rounds things out in style. This is a terrific showing.’ 92-94 pts Antonio Galloni, Vinous Magazine, August 2013.
- 2013 Vintage 89-92 pts Stephen Tanzer’s International Wine Cellar, August 2014.
- 2013 Vintage 92 pts Wine Enthusiast Magazine, October 2015
- 2014 Vintage 89-92 pts Allen Meadows’ Burghound, 4th Quarter 2015
- 2014 Vintage 91-92 pts Vinous, August 2015