Badia a Coltibuono, Sangioveto di Toscana 2013

58.00

Dark ruby with shades of purple. Very intense nose with bouquet of balsamic, flowers, spices, red fruits, vanilla and cloves. Palate reveals great structure: dry and savoury, balanced acidity, warm and persistent

Out of stock

SKU: BC10ZZRC Categories: ,

Red Wine

Italy

About This Wine...

The Estate

For almost one thousand years the name of Badia a Coltibuono has been linked to the production of high-quality wines. The estate is situated on the highest hills of the Chianti region, in the district of Gaiole in Chianti from where it overlooks the Arno valley to the east and a large part of the Chianti territory to the south west towards Monti in Chianti, where the estate vineyards are to be found. During the course of the 19th century, the former monastery was transformed into a wine estate and today, surrounded by age-old forests, it has become of the most interesting enterprises in rural Tuscany. The main grape variety grown is Sangiovese, 85%, and the remaining 15% consists of complementary varieties. Three hectares have been devoted to the production of Vin Santo del Chianti Classico and planted with Trebbiano and Malvasia. After ten centuries of uninterrupted agricultural tradition, Badia a Coltibuono still uses organic production methods to safeguard its natural assets. Its philosophy of environmental sustainability has made it the first leading wine-producing firm in Chianti to have reached this important objective.

The Wine

‘San Zoveto’ which later became ‘Sangioveto’, was the name commonly used in the past in Chianti for the Sangiovese varietal.
The Sangioveto di Coltibuono was created to honour a tradition dating back to the Middle Ages. It is only produced on better vintages.
Some of the most noteworthy are: ‘82, ‘85, ‘88, ‘90, ’95, ’97, 2001 and 2004.

Vintage Notes

2006 was characterized by a winter with low temperatures and good precipitation. A rainy spring with ups and downs in temperature was followed by a dry, sultry summer with high temperatures. During harvest moderate temperatures with cool nights resulted in optimal maturation and healthy grape clusters.

Awards and Reviews

  • Winery listed in Top 100 wineries of the year 2015 by Wine&Spirits Magazine
  • 2011 Vintage 92 pts James Suckling 2015
  • 2011 Vintage 90 pts Wine Enthusiast 2015
  • 2011 Vintage 94 pts Antonio Galloni – Vinous

Additional information

Wine colour

Body / Sweetness

Alcohol

Certification

Food Matching

Grape Variety

Oak

Appellation

Wine Types

Country

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Badia a Coltibuono, Sangioveto di Toscana 2013”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.