Oludeo ‘Sueños Olvidados’ 2017, Sierra de Gredos, D.O. Madrid

18.95

Red and black cherries on the nose with some spicy and herbal aromas such as black pepper and thyme. Medium Red and black fruit flavours such as cherries and plums. A smooth texture with fine tannins and a long, fresh finish.

Description
Sueños Olvidados comes from the D.O of Madrid but more specifically from the extraordinary, mountainous region of the Sierra de Gredos, an hour’s drive west of the city. The high valleys of the D.O are predominantly planted with Garnacha,many with very old vines as the area’s wine making culture struggled for many years to escape the shadow of Rioja andRibera del Duero and so little replanting happened. The combination of soils, sun and altitude make this one of the world’s most exciting places to grow Garnacha and the renaissance of the region is only just beginning. The wine is produced by the Tindal family under the guidance of winemaker Simon Tyrrell.

Climate and soil
The climate is continental with hot summers and cold winters. However, the altitude in the area runs from 680 metres to
1,000 metres above sea level which contributes to significant diurnal variation, helping offset the summer heat and aiding greatly with berry development and acid retention. The soils are a mixture of friable granite, schist and clay.

 

Vinification
85% of the grapes were crushed and destemmed before being pumped into stainless steel tanks. The remaining 15% was added whole bunch. Indigenous yeasts were responsible for the alcoholic fermentation and temperatures were kept below 25°C to maximize the fresh fruit quality. Once a day, for 5 minutes, the juice was pumped over the cap to aid extraction. Once alcoholic fermentation was finished, the wine was immediately racked into third-fill, 600 litre French demi-muids and the press wines were discarded. Malolactic fermentation and a further 12 months aging took place in the barrels. The wine was bottled without fining or filtration.

Additional information

Alcohol

Appellation

Country

Wine colour

Oak

Region

Grape Variety

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Oludeo ‘Sueños Olvidados’ 2017, Sierra de Gredos, D.O. Madrid”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.