About This Wine...
Described as ‘The Lord of the 1,000 Rieslings’, Markus Molitor took over the responsibility of his parents’ 7.5 acre estate in 1984. Vision, drive and an uncompromising devotion to quality have increased the holding to 125 acres in 18 appellations of the steepest and most coveted vineyard sites along the banks of the Mosel. In the spirit of authenticity and terroir, all of these wines are fermented naturally – no cultured yeasts, no fining agents, no enzymes and no other additives are ever used. Each wine (of which we have chosen but a small selection) expresses the single vineyard character, the vintage, the quality and the style, to its extreme authenticity.
2013 has been a magnificent vintage in the Mosel Valley with Markus Molitor producing some exceptional wines. These include two that were given 100 points by the formidable Robert Parker. We have put together a mixed case of 6 bottes of these wines (1 of each bottle) as an opportunity for you to try these revered wines, available only on a strict allocation.
Wines in the case include:
- Ürziger Würzgarten Auslese*** Riesling 100 pts
- W ehlener Sonnenuhr Auslese*** Riesling 100 pts
- Bernkasteler Lay Auslese*** Riesling 98 pts
- Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Auslese** Riesling 96 pts
- Ürziger Würzgarten Auslese** Riesling 95 pts
- Graacher Himmelreich Spätlese Riesling 93 pts