About This Wine...
The roots of Dow’s standing as a great Port house reach back over 200 years. Throughout the 19th and 20th centuries, Dow’s Vintage Ports have been landmark wines in virtually every great year, consistently setting the standard amongst all Port houses. Vintage Ports such as the remarkable Dow 1896, the 1927, 1945 1955, 1963 and so on until the Dow 1994 are all legends in the history of this great wine. These Ports are still magnificent today, even when 50 or 100 years old. Few wines can claim this quality and pedigree. In 1912, Andrew Symington became a partner in Dow’s and today five members of the family own and work in the company: they personally manage all aspects of winemaking from the vineyard to the final bottling.
Dow’s owns two of the Douro’s finest Quintas, Senhora da Ribeira and Bomfim. They were acquired in 1890 and 1896, making Dow’s one of the first houses to invest in premium vineyards.
10 Year old tawny
Dow’s old Tawnies are well known for their remarkable raisiny, dried fruit flavours, exquisite creamy texture and an exceptionally long, lingering and traditionally drier finish. This 10 Year Old Port is smooth, well balanced and mature and is ready for drinking now. Try serving chilled in warm weather.
Reviews & Awards
- Best in Class Gold Medal, International Wine & Spirit Competition 2008
- Gold Medal Decanter Awards 2008
- Symington Family Estates – awarded the “Portuguese Wine Producer of the Year” Trophy 2013 by the International Wine & Spirit Competition.
- Silver Medal – International Wine Challenge 2013
- Silver Medal – Decanter World Wine Awards 2013
- Dow’s Vintage Port 2011 has been named as ‘Top Wine of the World 2014’ by Wine Spectator