About This Wine...
William Fèvre make some of the world’s favourite Chablis. The only Chablis producer to win four stars in the prestigious Bettane et Desseauve. Fèvre own 15% of the total Grand Crus in Chablis. Their policy is minimalistic intervention: let the grapes and terroirs talk. Their state of the art winery enables them to define the different character of each plot.
Chalky clay, marl and marly limestone from the Kimmeridgian era. Located on either side of the Serein River. Rich in minerals and oyster fossils, giving the mineral character typical of the wines of Chablis.
Awards & Reviews
- 2012 Vintage ‘…….lovely minerality and fresh notes of lemon, lime, green apple and white pepper.’ Rated 89 pts. Stephen Tanzer’s International Wine Cellar, August 2014
- 2012 Vintage ‘ ……lovely touch of mineral reduction to the pear, wax and tidal pool suffused nose. This is also agreeably racy and intense with fine detail to the lightly mineral-inflected middle weight flavours that conclude in a balanced, saline and moderately dry finish. A quality villages. 88 pts Allen Meadows’ Burghound, Autumn 2013.
- 2012 Vintage 90 pts Wine Spectator, August 2014.
- 2013 Vintage 88 pts Stephen Tanzer’s International Wine Cellar, August 2014.
- 2013 Vintage16.5/20 pts Ernie Whalley. Sunday Times, 28th June 2015
- 2014 Vintage 88 pts Wine Enthusiast Magazine, October 2015
- 2014 Vintage 89 pts Allen Meadows’ Burghound, 4th Quarter 2015
- 2014 Vintage 88-90 pts Vinous, August 2015
- 2015 vintage “mineral and stony on the nose with apple and citrus hints, clean and brisk on the palate with more stones and honeysuckle touch on the finish” Leslie Williams, The Irish Examiner 6th May 2017