Domaine Bousquet, Malbec 2019
It is a wine of dark violet color. In the nose, it presents intense aromas of blackberry with notes of red and blackcurrant and plum. The mouth highlights notes of ripe plums with soft and elegant tannins.
The estate consists of 110 hectares of vines planted in 1997 at 1,200 metres of altitude in the viticultural paradise of Tupungato, Mendoza. A state of the art winery and a family-oriented team that are committed to producing world class wines results in a range of excellent quality wines that have been acclaimed by both international consumers press and consumers alike, with the wines now sold in over 30 countries worldwide.
Domaine Bousquet’s premium varietal series comprises a blend of estate and purchased fruit from the Uco Valley. The grapes benefit from major diurnal temperature swings, achieving exuberant ripeness while retaining the juiciness that invites a second glass. The wines are vinified with a French sensibility. The wines are un-oaked – an on-trend sensibility of little or no oak to let the fruit shine through and make the wines extremely food-friendly.
100% Malbec, fermented in stainless steel tanks to preserve its varietal typicity and achieve a fruity and expressive character.
- 2012 Vintage 'Fragrant and approachable wine of huge character. Terrific value for the money" Ernie Whalley. "Orangey character overlaying plummy fruit; retains a freshness that makes for great drinkability" Martin Moran. 17/20 pts The Sunday Times 26 January, 2014
- 2012 Vintage 87 pts Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar.
- 2012 Vintage 89pts and 'Best Buy' Wine & Spirits Magazine, June 2013.
- 2013 Vintage 88pts Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar.
- 2014 Vintage 91 pts Gold Medal at International Organic Wine Awards 2015
- 2014 Vintage Bronze Medal at 2015 Decanter World Wine Awards
For complete Domaine Bousquet Rankings please click here. Domaine Bousquet Ratings