About This Wine...
Domaine Bousquet Grand Reserve Malbec
This is Domaine Bousquet’s line starring their best grapes from the “home” vineyard – the original vineyard planted by Jean Bousquet in the late 1990s. This was the terroir that caught Jean’s imagination because it had a rarity – sand. Sandy soil makes for elegant wines (a “must” for this Frenchman). Its low fertility gives desirable vine stress; it is permeable for good drainage and has no salinity issues, often a problem in arid areas. Grapes here are the last to be harvested; the extra hang time ensures heightened richness and body.
85% Malbec, 5% Merlot 5% Syrah 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, has a long pre- and post-fermentation maceration and aged for 12 months in French oak.
Awards & Reviews.
- 2010 Vintage awarded 90 pts Stephen Tanzer’s International Wine Cellar ‘ Good dark ruby. Sexy nose delivers scents of crushed blackberry, liquorice and spices, plus a whiff of game. Broad, pliant and sweet, with ripe, perfumed dark berry, liquorice and game flavours spreading out to coat the palate. Finishes smooth, ripely tannic and long, with complex finishing notes of game, pepper, herbs and dark chocolate’
- 2010 Vintage 90 pts Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
- 2010 Vintage Silver Medal International Wine Challenge, 2012
- 2010 Vintage Silver Medal Concours Mondial Bruxelles
- 2010 Vintage 89 pts Wine & Spirits
- 2011 Vintage Gold Medal Concours Mondial Bruxelles
- 2011 Vintage 91 pts Wine & Spirits
- 2012 Vintage 93 pts James Suckling
- 2012 Vintage 88+ pts Stephen Tanzer’s International Wine Cellar
- 2012 Vintage 86 pts Silver at International Organic Wine Awards 2015
For complete Domaine Bousquet Rankings please click here. Domaine Bousquet Ratings