About This Wine...
This is Domaine Bousquet’s line starring their best grapes from the “home” vineyard – the original vineyard planted by Jean Bousquet in the late 1990s. This was the terroir that caught Jean’s imagination because it had a rarity – sand. Sandy soil makes for elegant wines (a “must” for this Frenchman). Its low fertility gives desirable vine stress; it is permeable for good drainage and has no salinity issues, often a problem in arid areas. Grapes here are the last to be harvested; the extra hang time ensures heightened richness and body.
100% Chardonnay, clusters are pressed at low temperatures, followed by fermentation and maceration with selected yeast in oak barrels for 30 days. Aged for 10 months in French oak.
- Silver Medal Decanter Awards 2011
- 2010 Vintage awarded Gold Medal Chardonnay du Monde
- 2010 Vintage awarded Silver Medal Argentina Wine Awards 2012
- 2012 Vintage 87 pts Wine Spectator
- 2012 Vintage 86 pts Wine Enthusiast Magazine
- 2012 Vintage 96 pts Top Gold at International Organic Wine Awards 2015
For complete Domaine Bousquet Rankings please click here: Domaine Bousquet Ratings