About This Wine...
“A richer style of pinot with seductive lush dark cherry fruits, hints of spice and very good length. This has real depth.” John Wilson, The Irish Times, February 2019 on the 2013 vintage.
Terry Peabody, his family and Steve Smith MW, set out to create new benchmarks with wines now globally recognised as New World classics. Wines that would be listed in the world’s finest restaurants and fine wine merchants. From the outset, Terry and Steve followed the single vineyard philosphy: to select and source the best land and vineyards inthe region and plant vines most suited ot that terroir. Rich red varieties in the warmer Gimblett Gravels and Pino Noir and Sauvignon Blanc in the the cooler Martinborough area. Craggy Range were the first in the Southern Hemisphere to adopt this practice.
Reviews & Awards
- ‘A superlative producer; truly unique, complex wine.’ Lisa Perotti-Brown MW – Wine Advocate
- 92+ Points – Robert Parker 2011
- 17.5 points – Jancis Robinson MW 2011
- Craggy Range named as ‘New World Winery of the Year 2014‘ Wine Enthusiast, November 2014.
- 2012 Vintage 94 pts Tomas Clancy, Sunday Business Post, Oct 2015 ‘Velvety smooth tannins, silky ripe fruit……bring out the large old burgundy glass and warm it gently fireside’.