About This Wine...
“beautifully structured with acidity from the lemon, lime and apples flavours balanced with notes of nectarine and peach.” The Irish Independent, 8th July 2018
One of the world’s finest estates, Chateau Montelena produced the winning white wine in the infamous ‘Judgement of Paris’ tasting of 1976. Now known as much for their long- lived Cabernet Sauvignon as for their Chardonnay, Chateau Montelena is undoubtedly one of Napa Valley’s finest ambassadors and one of the world’s great producers.
- 90 Points, Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate (Dec 08)
- 91 Points, Steven Tanzer’s International Wine Cellar (Jun 09)
- 2010 Vintage recommended by Mary Dowey, The Gloss Magazine, May 2014 – “Not unlike a Grand Cru Chablis in its combination of elegance and opulence”
- 2010 Vintage reviewed by Roz Crowley, The Sunday Times “…………….has toasty oak on the nose with a warm feel. A light golden colour…………with a fresh finish and good length”
- 2010 Vintage 92 pts Tomas Clancy, The Sunday Business Post, March 2015. ‘ ………it ages beautifully into a honeyed, golden toasty brioche delight, but the 2010 is still young with fine cut and a bright lifted finish. A wine that delivers at every year during its evolution.’