About This Wine...
The origin of this estate must be extremely ancient because Count Nodoz sold it in 1791 to the M. J. J. Bordes’ family, well known merchant‐ship owners in Bordeaux, who reconstituted it and made it famous. This property already existed long before the French Revolution and was called “Cru de Nodoz”.
During the wine crisis of 1930, it was purchased by the Madgelaine family from the merchants Posso and Rosenfeld. With its fantastic
location on gravel slopes, the vineyard spreads out on 40 hectares (98 acres) in a single piece.