About This Wine...
Since its foundations in 1731, Bouchard Père et Fils has put together an exceptional vineyard holding along the Côte d’Or.
The fact that the firm owns land in some of the most prestigious of Burgundy’s terroirs, makes its objectives an obligation: constant progress towards perfection. A ‘great wine’ demands time and utmost care at every step in its production. This is why the firm calls upon the most suitable equipment (such as the new winery, inaugurated in 2005) and a team that shares the highest standards in terms of craftsmanship and creativity.
Awards & Reviews
- 2012 Vintage awarded 91 pts Wine Spectator, August 2014 ‘a big red, rich in texture, laced with black cherry, pomegranate and violet notes, showing hints of iron and earth. Features a solid structure underneath and finishes long and sappy. Best from 2016 to 2028.’
- 2013 Vintage 88 pts Allen Meadows’ Burghound April 2015
- 2013 Vintage 89 pts James Suckling, June 2015
- 2013 vintage 87 pts, Stephen Tanzer, Vinous, March 2016
- 2014 Vintage 87+ pts, Fine Wine Review, January 2016
- 2014 Vintage 88+ pts, Vinous, January 2016