About This Wine...
Since its foundations in 1731, Bouchard Père et Fils has put together an exceptional vineyard holding along the Côte d’Or.
The fact that the firm owns land in some of the most prestigious of Burgundy’s terroirs, makes its objectives an obligation: constant progress towards perfection. A ‘great wine’ demands time and utmost care at every step in its production. This is why the firm calls upon the most suitable equipment (such as the new winery, inaugurated in 2005) and a team that shares the highest standards in terms of craftsmanship and creativity.
Awards and reviews
- 2011 Vintage “outstanding” with 92 points on Wine Spectator’s 100-point scale. “This rich version is tinged with smoke and spicy oak notes, set against a core of cherry fruit. Firms up on the finish, where hints of liquorice and spice linger. This remains fresh and balanced, gaining suppleness with air. Drink now through to 2020”
- 2013 Vintage 92 pts Allen Meadows’ Burghound April 2015
- 2013 Vintage 93 pts Wines & Spirits, October 2015
- 2014 Vintage 90-93 pts Fine Wine Review, January 2016
- 2014 Vintage 89-91 pts, Vinous, January 2016
- 2014 vintage 92 pts, Andreas Larsson, BlindTasted.com, February 2016
- 2014 vintage 91 pts, Burghound, June 2016