About This Wine...
Since its foundations in 1731, Bouchard Père et Fils has put together an exceptional vineyard holding along the Côte d’Or.
The fact that the firm owns land in some of the most prestigious of Burgundy’s terroirs, makes its objectives an obligation: constant progress towards perfection. A ‘great wine’ demands time and utmost care at every step in its production. This is why the firm calls upon the most suitable equipment (such as the new winery, inaugurated in 2005) and a team that shares the highest standards in terms of craftsmanship and creativity.
Awards and Reviews
- 2008 Vintage “smoke and whitecurrant nose with peaches and apricots on the palate………….a hint of fresh pine kernels” Ernie Whalley. “hazelnut, with struck match and pear on the nose……….rich palate with stonefruit character” Martin Moran 18/20 pts, The Sunday Times, 20 January 2013
- 2011 Vintage 88 pts Allen Meadows’ Burghound, Autumn 2013
- 2012 Vintage 87-89 pts Stephen Tanzer’s International Wine Cellar, September 2013.
- 2012 Vintage 89 pts Allen Meadows’ Burghound, Autumn 2014
- 2012 Vintage 88 pts Wine Spectator, December 2015
- 2013 Vintage 92 pts James Suckling, June 2015
- 2014 Vintage 89-93 pts Fine Wine Review, January 2016