Thursday 4th March 2021, 7.00pm
Blending with La Bascula
Ever wondered how buyers select their wines, how winemakers decide on a blend, or are you simply curious about the exciting wines coming out of Terra Alta in Catalunya?
We are hosting a tasting event with the enigmatic duo Ed Adams (Master of Wine) and Bruce Jack (South African winemaker of serious acclaim). There will be facts, fun and fantastic wines, but places are strictly limited.
To buy your ticket, please click HERE:
While we are tasting wines from our Irish stocks, you will also have the opportunity to taste the latest vintages from Catalan Eagle in Terra Alta, sent over straight from barrel!
Your tasting pack will include a tasting sheet and 6 50ml samples of the following wines:
- Atlantic Way Albariño 2020, D.O. Rías Baixas
- Catalan Eagle organic Garnacha blanca & Viognier 2020, D.O. Terra Alta (from vat)
- The Charge Tempranllo & Garnacha 2019, D.O.C. Rioja
- Catalan Eagle organic Garnacha/Cariñena/Syrah 2019, D.O. Terra Alta (from vat)
- No Stone Unturned old vine, organic Garnacha & Cariñena 2018, D.O. Terra Alta
- 3 x 3 old vine, organic Carinyena & Garntatxa 2018, D.O. Terra Alta
Tasting spaces are limited.
There are however plenty of spaces for those looking to tune in for the educational content.
To order your 50ml samples click HERE
To order your 100ml samples click HERE
*PLEASE NOTE: LAST ORDERS FOR DELIVERY IS MONDAY1st MARCH & FOR COLLECTION IT IS WEDNESDAY 3rd MARCH.
Wine tastings over ZOOM
Following rigorous testing (see the video here) by our Master of Wine Harriet Tindal, ensuring the quality of samples over a period of up to 5 days, we can now offer nationwide delivery of the samples at a cost of 15 euro. Obviously collection from the shop is free of charge.
In the meantime do tune into Harriet’s wine podcast ‘I Heard it Through The Grapevine’